12.03.2014

'Manhattan Love Story' lives on... On Hulu

I'm (one of the few, apparently) that is happy to see Manhattan Love Story's life extended a bit thanks to Hulu. The streaming service will house seven unaired episodes of the failed rom-com. (And Selfie too, but I don't really care about that.)

Most people hated the show, but I actually thought it was really cute. I didn't think the internal dialogue was overused – in fact, it reminds me of the narration on Jane The Virgin at times, which I think borrows from the same whimsical space as another cancelled rom-com that I liked, A to Z.

Anyway, I like Jake McDorman (Greek, Shameless) but do agree that this role was sort of boring for him. I mean, he was so, so great on Shameless... and this role just felt amateur compared to that. I get that it's a network rom-com vs a cable drama comedy, but still. Analeigh Tipton was... fine. I just watched Two Night Stand this past weekend, and she's basically playing the same character (annnnnd pretty similar storyline to episode 4's 'It's Complicated' sleepover....). I'd agree with most critics that said the best thing about her was her perfectly curled hair.

Looking forward the catching the rest of the episodes on Hulu... and waiting for McDorman's next. better role.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails