9.17.2013

New cast, new format on DWTS

Let's be honest, this is the first time I have watched DWTS in years. I used to love the show. I posted my favorites here on this very blog almost every week. But I stopped watching because (a) I could not dedicated 3-4 hours a week to the show with the performances and the results show and because (b) the casts sucked.

DWTS solved one problem – they cut the results show. Now,  I only have to dedicate two hours of my life to this show! (And I can cut that down even more if I fastforward through the judges scores and Brooke Burke segments.)

And the casting this year – geez! I know I'm kind of a pop culture whore, but I knew every single name on that list except the football player. Mercedes from Glee, Leah Remini, Jack Osbourne, Elizabeth Berkley, Christina Milian, Bill Freaking Nye the Science Guy?! These people are legit 'stars' (in my opinion).

The season premiere (Monday) didn't disappoint either. Granted, you have to keep in mind that a lot of these competitors have past experience - Mercedes, Elizabeth Berkley, Corbin, Christina Milian - a lot of them have danced somewhat before. There were a lot of high scores given out in the very first episode.

image via ABC News

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails