9.21.2014

'Tyrant' renewed

I'm actually surprised that Tyrant was renewed for a second season. Not to say I didn't like it – in fact, in the beginning of the season, I was saying it was my favorite summer show – it just felt like, by the end, it was dragging.

I think they got in a trap of trying to do too much, too quickly. The fact that the season started with Barry begrudgingly returning to his homeland, and then ended with him failing to stage a coup to take over? Sheesh. That's a lot of plot development in one season.

Maybe they would have been better served by making the finale the episode when Jamal kills the sheik. Slow down some of the story, give us more flashbacks, introduce us more to these rebels and their cause, let us get to know Barry's journalist friend a little more.

I'm looking forward to season 2, but I'm hoping it can hold my attention all the way through...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails