1. It is on Tuesdays. LOST is reserved for Tuesdays. Sorry.
2. I just can't stand Timothy Olyphant (the main guy... yes, the one wearing the cowboy hat). Not only did he star in the worst movie ever, but he has creeped me out ever since he played a drug dealer or porn star or something in The Girl Next Door. I think of him as a poor man's Josh Duhamel.
3. Since he (spoiler!) shot the bad guy in the first episode, I'm worried it will just be another procedural crime show. Snooze.
Okay, now that that is all out of the way, here are a few reasons why I will be watching....
1. Despite my distaste for Olyphant, I actually really like the character Raylan Givens. He's a troubled, bad ass. And he wears that cowboy hat like it's his job.
2. Since he (spoiler!) didn't kill the bad guy in the first episode, I'm thinking that it may not turn into another procedural crime show with another bad guy every week. I think the premise of a season-long (or maybe longer) battle with one adversary is so much more compelling (think Dexter, True Blood...). Plus, Walton Goggins, who plays racist/Nazi/overall scary dude Boyd is listed on the FX page as a main cast member. That's gotta mean he's sticking around for more than one episode, right?
3. I'm hoping Doug E. Doug (the black pastor who you may remember from the classic Cool Runnings) pops up from time to time.