10.21.2010

Glee Does GQ


.... and the chaos insues.

People (namely the Parents Television Council) are saying the photos are too racy, and 'border on pedophile.'

Seriously?

My good friend Shep over at Let's Talk About TV said it best: "Honestly, I don’t see what the big deal is. GQ is not dressing up 14 year olds and having them pose. These kids portray high school students, they aren’t really high school students."

Today, I took a look at Dianna Argon's blog (which rocks, by the way) and stumbled upon a statement from the head Cheerio herself:

"If you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention. And if your eight-year-old has a copy of our GQ cover in hand, again I am sorry. But I would have to ask, how on earth did it get there? ... I must say, I am trying to live my life with a sharpie marker approach. You can’t erase the strokes you’ve made, but each step is much bolder and more deliberate. I’m moving forward from this one, and after today, putting it to rest. I am only myself, I can only be me. These aren’t photos I am going to frame and put on my desk, but hey, nor are any of the photos I take for magazines. Those are all characters we’ve played for this crazy job, one that I love and am so fortunate to have, each and every day."

If you've got a minute, head over and read the whole statement from her. It is really well written and makes me love Dianna more than I did before....

And just because I don't think these images are too racy, I'm posting some here. Take that, PTC.



See all the 'Glee Gone Wild' photos. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails