12.04.2012

Game of Thrones Season 3 filming in Essaouira, Morocco!

Yesterday, I was watching this behind-the-scenes trailer for the upcoming season of Game of Thrones and about 30 seconds in, something caught my eye.
Wait - I've been here!
I knew Game of Thrones often films in Morocco (for Daenerys' scenes mostly I believe) and this looked strikingly similar to the ramparts in Essaouira, one of the stops on my trip to Morocco last January. 

I did a little Googling, and sure enough, the GoT team was filming in Essa in October! So cool! Here are more set photos from their time filming on the ramparts

Will be cool to see those scenes in the show and know that I was there too!

Click here to see more pictures and read about my trip to Essaouira!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails