Things I liked about GLEE last night...
1. Gwyneth Paltrow
2. Broccoli (otherwise known as a toilet brush or a small tree where gummi bears live)
3. Taco Bell
4. "Top 40, sweet cheeks"- Holly Holiday
5. Animal Hoarders
6. Big song and dance numbers for Make 'Em Laugh, Nowadays and Umbrella/Singin' in the Rain.
7. Baby glee clubbers
8. Mean (and powerful) Sue.... please tell me she really is going to be principal forever, or at least for a while.
9. Becky, as always.
10. 'Oh a little pink purse just came out of my mouth.' -Kurt, in Mercedes' mind.
And one thing I didn't like...
I love Kurt. Really, I do. But if last season was the Rachel Show this season has become the Kurt Show. Does every single episode have to revolve around him and his homosexuality? I can see an episode here and there- about the bullying, the struggles he faces, his insecurities and how he overcomes them with grace and humility- but does it have to be brought up in every episode? Wouldn't it be more effective to show Kurt as a normal kid? To show that he is a person beyond his homosexuality? I feel like that is how it was last season... Kurt was the gay kid, sure, but he was also funny and at times menacing and diva-like. This season, Kurt is becoming just the gay kid.
And to say that they needed to bring Kurt's budding relationship friendship into the equation in order to set up the Mercedes' tots obsession is ridiculous. Tots could have been a bunch of the McKinley kids' favorite lunchtime snack, and when Sue banned them they ALL could have been outraged and led to charge by the outspoken Mercedes. Is that hard to believe? Take away a kids favorite cafeteria food and they will be mad. They don't need to feel jealous or insecure to want their tots back.