6.16.2011

Game of Thrones Cast: I'm Obsessed.

Sorry for turning this blog into a Game of Thrones vehicle only.... I'm obsessed. Saw this little set of interviews in TV Guide today and had to share some of my favorite answers from the cast...

Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon, aka "The Usurper"
Sigil: It would be a gryphon, a creature with the body of a lion and a head of an eagle. I don't know why, but to be attacked by one of those would be pretty horrible.
First ruling: Free beer for everyone. Absolutely!

Sean Bean as Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark, aka "The Hand"
Sigil: Two crossed swords because it represents my football team, Sheffield United. That's their badge. The team has been relegated, by the way.
First ruling: Sheffield United gets promoted next season.

Maisie Williams as Arya Stark, aka "Boy"
Sigil: A turtle because they can go on land, they can go in sea. They're my favorite animal. They're really cute and they can grow up really big. They've got different types of turtles, there's snapping turtles and really cute ones, like, tiny ones. There's a good variety of them, and you never get bored.
First ruling: I would ban school uniforms for everyone, all over the world. They're so frustrating. At our school we have a thing called summer uniforms, and you're not allowed to take your jumper off when you're outside so you get really, really hot and our school uniform is black, so it's horrible. If you ban school uniforms then everyone could wear what they wanted to wear and you wouldn't get hot.

Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo, aka "My Sun and Stars"
Sigil: A lion. It's the king of the jungle. Have you ever seen a lion up close? Drogo walking with a gigantic lion. It's pretty rad.
First ruling: Free beer and free sex for everyone -- free love that is. Back to the '60s, man. And no clothes ... except for Mark Addy!

George R.R. Martin, author, aka "A Cruel and Savage God"
Sigil: Probably something like a quill pen for a writer or something like that would be appropriate. But way back in the 1980s, I won the Hugo Award which is the biggest award for science fiction fantasy and it's shaped like a silver rocketship. I won two of them in a single year which no one had ever done before. And so for a while, my now wife, then my girlfriend, Paris, would make me these sigils of two crossed Hugos instead of crossed swords.
First ruling: Everybody has to get HBO.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails