9.26.2012

Can we fire Chevy Chase?

"The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television," he told the Huffington Post UK. (via TV Guide)

I also think it is important to note that Chevy followed the above quote with, "I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast - they are very good. It's not like I am working with the great innovators of all time, but at the same time, they are my friends." So at least he isn't a total jerk.

But, for serious? Can we fire Chevy Chase on Community already? He already totally mucked up the show by getting Dan fired + Pierce is my least favorite character.

Let me be clear in saying that I do adore Chevy Chase. I think 80s Chase was a total dreamboat. I just finally watched all of Fletch recently and got a serious girl crush on him. But Pierce Hawthorne is not that Chevy Chase. In no way, shape or form. He has funny lines from time to time... but in general, he's terrible. I get the character - an aging entrepreneur going back to school. It's actually quite logical. But they've just done nothing with Pierce.

Here are my three options to solve the problem:

1. Make Pierce graduate. Shocker! While everyone else is caught up in zombies, paintball and blanket forts, Pierce actually took extra classes and is eligible to graduate early. Goodbye Pierce!

2. Reinvention, version 1. Is there some way to show what could have been? And make Pierce into the Chevy Chase we all know and love? Some sort of flashback or flash sideways or alternate reality?

3. Reinvention, version 2. We've seen glimpses of 'evil Pierce.' You know, the guy who teams up with Chang. The one from the western paintball episode. The one that is 'out' of the group. Can we get Pierce as a villain? Can we get him teaming up with Chang or Goodman or something to bring the group down?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails