9.13.2012

New Fall Show Review: Go On

I'll be honest, I wasn't really impressed with the promos for Go On that were airing during the Olympics. It just didn't look.... funny.

But I've figured something out watching the first two episodes.

It wasn't funny because I didn' know these people yet. I hadn't fallen in love with the characters. But once you know 'em, you love 'em. 

And in that regard, Go On was smart. They got to the characters REALLY quick. Did I think it was a little odd that within minutes of joining his therapy group, Chandler Bing was leading them in a frenzied bracket challenge - dubbed 'March Sadness'? Yes, yes I did. But after that, I was hooked. I loved these people.

The second episode smartly shifted focus to the non-therapy characters - Chandler's assistant and John Cho (who, in my book can do no wrong. And he did FlashForward).

Go On, premiered during the Olympics to 16.1 million viewers and a 5.6 rating in the adults 18-to-49 demographic, and this week, pulled in a respectable 9.6 million viewers and a 3.4. (via TVGuide)

It isn't exactly LOL funny. (Although, it did get quiet a few chuckles out of my boyfriend.) But it's heartwarming and will make you smile and it doesn't have to be zany and quirky to be smart comedy.

Go On is officially on my DVR list.

Oh, and yes, I will continue to refer to him as Chandler Bing. Get used to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails